Some of the features in Excel have definitely an edge over Google Sheets. I’ve recently pointed out the Pivot Table. Now here in the case of shapes, in Google Sheets it’s drawings, I think Excel is more flexible. Luckily you can copy and paste images from Excel to Google Sheets.
Before criticising Google Sheets, there is an underlying point that we should not ignore. Google Sheets is a cloud based spreadsheet application. It works on this basic funda. Google Sheets has its plus and minus when compared to any other spreadsheet applications. You can of course work offline in Google Sheets. But it save your work when you are online. But in Excel, there are different choices.
Can I Copy Images and Clip Art from Excel to Google Sheets Other Than Shapes?
My answer is “Yes”. You can easily copy and paste shapes, drawings, photos, clip art like any images from Excel to Google Sheets.
Steps to Copy and Paste Images from Excel to Google Sheets
- Right click on the image in Excel and Copy it.
- In Google Sheets go to the menu Insert > Drawing. Give time to fully load the Drawing Menu.
- There paste using Ctrl+V short cut key. Here also wait until the image get auto saved. You can see the auto saved indication on top of this Drawings window.
- Save and Close the drawing window. Done!
This way you can copy and paste images from Excel to Google Sheets. You can also touch up your photo in Google Sheets which you have copied from Excel. There are few image editing tools on the Drawings window in Google Spreadsheets.
When you copy shapes from Excel and paste it on Google Sheets, the background colour will be white. You can use the Drawings window tool to get a transparent background to the shapes copied from Excel. Now when you want to copy multiple images at a time from Excel do as follows.
Steps to Copy and Paste Multiple Images from Excel to Google Sheets at a Time
When you have multiple images you can copy paste the same to Google Sheets at a time. Follow the tips below.
- Click on any image on Excel.
- Now use Ctrl+Shift+Space bar key combination to select multiple images.
- Copy and paste the image in Google Sheets Insert > Drawings. Use the Ctrl+V short cut key to paste.
I hope the above copy/paste images from Excel to Google Sheets will be useful for many users who are familiar with Excel.
If you feel this tutorial worthy, do promote on FB or other sites where you are active. Like to hear from you in our comment section below.