How to Use Audacity to Record, Edit and Enhance Narration
As part of doing some video tutorials for this site, which are being now available in our YouTube channel, I have experimented with few free sound editing softwares. I found Audacity the best among them. First, make the video tutorial without sound, Then use audacity to record sound while playing the video. Later you can add narration file you have created and downloaded from Audacity to your video tutorial with the help of any video editing software.
This is a very simple tutorial and I am giving you all the necessary steps to record, edit, mute, cut and enhance your narration by using Audacity. To spice up your experience at the end of the post, you can watch the video tutorial to learn Audacity.
Record Narration Using Audacity
- Install Audacity from the source.
- Open the program.
- Click the record button.
- Run your video for which you want to add narration and say narration using your microphone.
- After completion of the recording, click the pause button. See the below screenshot to understand all the necessary buttons in Audacity to record and edit your narration.
Edit Narration Using Audacity
- First play the narration, you have just made.
- To cut any part of the narration, select that portion using the selection tool and click “Cut audio” button.
- To mute or silent any part of the narration, select that portion using the selection tool and click “Silence audio” button.
- To trim out only the part of the narration, select the area and use the “Trim audio” tool.
- The cut and silence audio functions are must to edit the narration. After settling with your editing enhance the audio using any of the effects.
Hope you learned the basic audio editing using Audacity, the best free audio editing program. See the quick video tutorial below.
About Article Author
We use extensions extensively on Chrome to get more features. Lots of apps and extensions on Chrome require access to
iOS, Windows Phone and Android are the leading Mobile OS right now. Firefox is also planning to unveil its own
All of us uses email to contact our personal or business relations. If you are using email for business purposes,
This quick tutorial is only applicable to Samsung Android Phones. You can transfer all types of files from your PC
There is no need for you to think about the pros and cons of Galaxy Note II, the best android
This is my first how to guide on Info Inspired and it is about banking. VCC is one of the best option for online