How to Install Carbon ROM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus G E973 [Ultimate Guide]
LG Optimus G E973 is a stylish and powerful phone running Android OS version v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). You can install an unofficial version of Carbon ROM, which is still under development, on this phone. Some of you may not have familiar with the Carbon ROM. What is Carbon ROM for Android? Carbon ROM, an open source after market firmware, brings amazing speed to the android phone. Also it offers a plethora of customization options together with stability enhancements. This is the complete tutorial to install Carbon ROM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus G E973. But ensure that your device is rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
What are the Features You Get from Installing this Custom Carbon ROM on your LG Optimus G E973
- First and foremost is the Android 4.2.2
- Processor-specific optimizations
- Comprehensive speed enhancements including Linaro -O3
- Hide lock screen hints
- Carousel lockscreen
- Customizable lock screen buttons
- Chronus clock widget
- Customizable hardware and software keys
- Transparent navbar and status bar
- Customizable navbar ring
- Navbar arrow keys
- Navigation bar widgets
- Customizable power menu
- Notification power widget
- Notification brightness adjustment
- Customizable quick settings panel
- Statusbar mods including center clock and color
- LCD Density
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Volume rocker music controls
- Full Rotation
- Customizable battery and notification light
This tutorial is applicable only to LG Optimus G E973. We will not be responsible for any damages caused to your device by following this tutorial. Follow it at your own risk. This only for educational purpose.
1. LG Optimus G E973 phone (rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery installed) and a PC or Laptop with internet connection.
2. Keep a complete backup of your LG Optimus G E973. You can find the tips on this article.
3. Ensure that your phone is fully charged. Minimum 80% battery charge is required.
4. Download and install USB Driver for LG Optimus G E973.
5) Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging.
Step by Step Guide to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Based Carbon ROM on LG Optimus G
1. Connect your phone to PC using the original USB cable.
2. Copy the above downloaded files to your phone’s SD Card without extracting it.
3. After copying, disconnect your phone from PC and then turn it off.
4. Put the phone into recovery mode. How to put LG Optimus G into recovery mode? Just follow the below steps.
- Press and hold volume up and down and power buttons at the same time. Your phone will come on.
- Keep holding even after the vibration.
- When you see the LG Logo on screen for the second time, let go of the buttons.
- Use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select.
5. Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. To do that Select Backup and Restore, then select Backup again. After the back up is complete, go back to the main recovery menu.
6. Perform data wiping task. For this select wipe data/factory reset. Select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait until the data wipe is complete.
7. Come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition there and after wiping process is over select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option.
8. Now select install zip from SD card and select choose zip from SD card. Locate the downloaded file Carbon-JB-EXP-17APR2013-014011-geeb.zip and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation to begin the ROM installation.
9. Once the ROM installation process ends, repeat the above step. Here select the gapps–jb-20121212-signed.zip file to install the Google apps package.
10. After completion of the installation go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system.
11. Now the phone will be rebooted into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM Carbon. Voila!
You can go back in to Previous ROM any time by boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Hope you enjoy the tutorial to install Carbon ROM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus G E973. Share your experience.
About Article Author
A new update to Google brings some more awesomeness to the world’s giant search engine. You can now get a
This quick tutorial is only applicable to Samsung Android Phones. You can transfer all types of files from your PC
One feature that I’m very badly missing on the YouTube, Android app is the “Liked videos” section. I have liked
I have uninstalled an android app. But it still appears in Google Play. Can I remove it completely?. This is
Table of Contents is the essence of a document. In print media it usually contains chapter headings and corresponding page