You must do something different to make your spreadsheet appealing or standout from the rest. Clickable Next button in Excel means, you can move to next spreadsheet with a click of a button in a workbook contain multiple worksheets. Though you can easily move to the next worksheet by simply clicking the sheet tab or using the shortcut key “ctrl+pg dn” or “ctrl+pg up”. But sometimes we need to hide the sheet tabs. So the best way to move to the next sheet is showing a Next and Previous Button in your spreadsheet. Let’s see how to create a clickable next button in Microsoft Excel which is very easy.
Steps to Create a Next Button in Microsoft Excel which is Clickable.
- Insert a text box from the Insert Menu.
- Type “Next >” inside the text box and format it by changing the font color or filling text box with any color.
- Select the text box. For this click inside the text box and then click on the edge of the box.
- Then go to Insert menu and click on “Hyper Link”. Instead here you can use shortcut key “ctrl+k”
- Click “place in this document” and click the sheet name under cell reference ” and click “OK”.
See the screenshot below.
Done! The text box with text “Next >” is now a clickable next button in your spreadsheet. A click on this button will take you to the next worksheet on your workbook.
If you want, you can hide the sheet tabs from File>Options>Advanced. But if you hide the sheet tab, then a clickable previous button similarly as above is suggestible on the second work sheet on wards.