You must do something different to make your spreadsheet appealing or standout from the rest. Clickable Next button in Microsoft Excel means, you can move to next spreadsheet with a click of a button in a workbook contain multiple worksheets.
Why a Clickable Next button in Microsoft Excel is Relevant?
Though you can easily move to the next worksheet by simply clicking the sheet tab or using the shortcut key “ctrl+pg dn” or “ctrl+pg up”. But sometimes all sheet tabs may not be visible when the number of tabs are more. So the best way to move to the next sheet is showing a Next and Previous Button in your spreadsheet. Let’s see how to create a clickable next button in Microsoft Excel which is very easy.
How Can We Create a Clickable Next button in Microsoft Excel
Steps to Create a Next Button in Microsoft Excel which is Clickable.
- Insert a text box from the Insert Menu.
- Type “Next >” inside the text box and format it by changing the font colour or filling text box with any colour.
- Select the text box. For this click inside the text box and then click on the edge of the box.
- Then go to Insert menu and click on “Hyper Link”. Instead here you can use shortcut key “ctrl+k”
- Click “place in this document” and click the sheet name under cell reference ” and click “OK”.
See the screenshot below.
Done! The text box with text “Next >” is now a clickable next button in your spreadsheet. A click on this button will take you to the next worksheet on your workbook.
You may also like: Create a Table of Contents in Google Sheets
If you want, you can hide the sheet tabs from File>Options>Advanced. See the screenshot below. It’s not the normal hiding of sheets by right click on the sheet name and hiding it. It’s hiding entire sheet tabs, not sheets. Sheets are not hidden this way. If you hide the sheet tabs like this way, then a clickable previous button similarly as above is suggestible on the second work sheet on wards.
Hope this Excel trick is new to you. Try it and I’m sure you will find such small Excel tricks useful.