The lucky Nexus 7 and 10 devices owners can anytime see the Over The Air update to the latest Android 4.4 KitKat version. It’s now official! Google is rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat OTA update from today onwards for the said devices. Anyhow for the old android phone owners can also get the KitKat feel by installing some KitKat wallpapers or a launcher. These KitKat Nexus wallpapers are really looking good. To get a true Android 4.4 KitKat feel on your device, try the KitKat launcher on your phone. Thanks to XDA developers. You can get the KitKat launcher on your device for free. First check the device compatibility here and then download the KitKat launcher below. You have to strictly follow the steps below to install the KitKat launcher on your device.
Note: This tutorial is for informational purpose only. Try it at your own risk.
Steps to Install Android 4.4 KitKat Laucnher on Your Old Android Phone.
- Enable USB debugging. You can do it on your phone by navigating to Settings > Applications > development or Settings > Developer Options.
- Take a complete backup of your important data and settings on the phone. You can find some tutorials for this here and here.
- Download the Android 4.4 KitKat Launcher on your Computer. Then extract it.
- You can see 3 files. Copy all of the extracted files to the phone’s memory card. Remember to create its backup on your computer.
- Allow your device to install non Google Play apps from the Settings > Security.
- Run the first APK, PrebuiltGmsCore.apk, and wait for the installation complete.
- Run the second APK, Velvet.apk and here again wait for the installation to complete.
- Then finally, run the third APK, GoogleHome.apk.
- After completing the installation, press Home button, choose the KitKat launcher.
Get Android 4.4 KitKat launcher on your phone and enjoy the new look! Refer the video tutorial below to get a clear picture in case of doubt.
Soruce [XDA] Via [ibtimes]